Pixels dice are powered by an internal battery which can last for hours on a full charge.
Every die contains an internal rechargeable battery that is used to power the LEDs and Bluetooth signal. Battery life will vary based on user settings. The number of rolls, length of rolling, LED intensity, complexity of animations, and sending roll results via Bluetooth connection will impact battery usage.
On average, dice with an active Bluetooth connection that display no LED animations can last up to 10,000 rolls on a full charge. By comparison, dice with all LEDs steady on the highest brightness can last between 30-60 minutes.
When the power runs out, all dice can be recharged using their custom designed wireless charging case.
Included with every Single Die or Dice Set, both the Single Charger and Large Charging Case double as carrying cases to keep your dice protected.
Diagram of Pixels Dice Single Charger
Both the Single Charger and the Large Charging Case work in the same way; positioning the die over a wireless charging coil to receive power and recharge the internal battery.
– Internal Battery: wrapped inside a circuit board and encased in resin.
– Dice Tray Insert: a unique shape for all dice types, the plastic tray ensures proper positioning of the die over the charger’s wireless coil.
– Circuit Board: manages power flow from the USB-C port through wireless transmitter coil to wireless receiver coil.
– Wireless Receiver Coil: sends power through die circuit board to recharge internal battery.
– Wireless Transmitter Coil: when in contact with receiver coil, sends power to die.
– USB-C Port: plugs in to external power source.
While the Single Charger is simply a charger and carrying case for a single die, the Large Charging Case is so much more!
It has space to hold eight dice in their unique tray inserts with seven included to match the dice in your set. The last spot is left blank and can be removed to add a tray insert from a Single Charger, perfect for those who may want a full RPG set with an additional d20.
The Large Charging Case can charge a full or partial set of dice while plugged in through the USB-C port or go fully wireless and use the internal battery. With a button and LED indicators on the side it’s easy to check the charge level of the case itself. Use the USB-C port to recharge the case as needed.
Dice which are actively charging show a pulsing red light on the top face. These vary per dice type, being either the highest number or the + face for fudge dice.
Once the light changes to a steady green your dice are fully charged and ready to roll!